About Tofino Air
Tofino Air's founder and longtime resident of British Columbia’s Sunshine Coast started a small regional air carrier called Midcoast Air to improve safety and reliability for him and his colleagues as they traveled from the BC's west coast logging and fishing camps to their Sunshine Coast homes. Midcoast Air was re-located from Vancouver to Sechelt in 1998.
Tofino Air acquired Pacific Spirit Air in January 2001. It was based on Gabriola Island. Tofino Air expanded its daily routes after purchasing Pacific Spirit Air. They added scheduled flights from Gabriola Island, to Vancouver International Water Airport. The airline continued to offer daily scheduled flights between Departure Bay and Sechelt/Porpoise Bay.
Tofino Air moved its Departure bay location to the Nanaimo Harbour Water Aerodrome in April 2011. It began to offer scheduled flights between Nanaimo, and the Vancouver Harbour Flight Centre. Tofino Air moved into Vancouver Harbour Flight Centre late May 2011. All flights from Vancouver Harbour Flight Centre were cancelled. Charter flights are conducted at Vancouver International Water Airport.
Tofino Air Reservations
Tofino Air booking numbers
Call 1-250-725-2205 for more information
Tofino Air Classes
Tofino Air Facilities
Safety of passengers is our top priority. We require passengers to weigh in at least a half of their body weight. This is required by Transport Canada Regulations. We can avoid over- and under-loading flights and keep our flights safe and on time by having accurate body weights. Before you board an aircraft, all baggage and cargo must be weighed. Charter flights have a baggage allowance that is dependent on the load.
Tofino Air popular Destinations and Hubs
Victoria International Airport serves as a hub. It is a five to six hour drive from Tofino. You can find a variety of airlines serving it.
Tofino Air Check-in and boarding pass
Tofino Air requires that passengers arrive 15 minutes early for the scheduled departure. Please give yourself plenty of time to park.
Tofino Air Policies
Baggage policy and Fees
- All baggage and cargo, including purses and laptop bags, must be weighed before you board an aircraft .
- Baggage allowances for charter flights are load dependent.
Please refer to the payment and refund policies of VRBO's or Air BNB websites for bookings. They may have slightly different policies. Dogs are permitted at certain properties of Stay Tofino with a $40 pet fee (plus tax). Sorry, no cats.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
- You can make reservations online or by calling the Tofino Air station
- Confirmation itineraries are sent at the time you book and on the day before your scheduled flight
- For confirmation of your reservation, you will need a credit card number. The cancellation policy will specify whether payment can be made at the time of booking or at the end of the cancellation period.
- If TA is unable or unwilling to provide flight service, alternate transportation methods may be needed to meet your travel needs. These decisions will be made at the discretion of TA management before or during departure
- It is highly recommended that you confirm your reservation details at least 24 hours prior to departure.
- Customers who don't show up to their flight or cancel after the cancellation policy has expired will lose the full fare.