About Thai AirAsia
Once upon a time, Suvarnabhumi Airport's sole low-cost carrier, Thai AirAsia, flew both domestic and international routes.
On October 1st, 2012, the airline switched all Bangkok operations from Suvarnabhumi Airport to Don Mueang International Airport. Thai AirAsia commenced service from Suvarnabhumi Airport on September 25, 2020.Operations for Thai AirAsia began in February 2004. the inaugural Thai AirAsia flight between Hat Yai and Bangkok-Don Mueang. A registered Thai company, Asia Aviation PLC (AAV), was announced to have acquired Shin Corp's 50% ownership in Thai AirAsia on February 15, 2006.
A joint venture called Asia Aviation was founded by Shin Corp., which owned 49 percent of the company's shares and 51 percent by a Thai investor named Sittichai Veerathammanoon. The management of Thai AirAsia purchased Asia Aviation in full in May 2007. Asia Aviation owns 55% of Thai AirAsia, and the AirAsia Group, located in Malaysia, owns the remaining 45%. King Power invested US$225 million in Thai AirAsia in June 2016.
King Power has become Thai AirAsia's second-largest shareholder after purchasing 39 percent of holding firm Asia Aviation.
Customers who choose the Counter Service option in Thailand have the convenience of paying with cash at any Counter Service/7-Eleven branch.
On Yatra, you can make your Thai AirAsia online reservations
The airline is a popular option for both business and leisure travellers thanks to its extensive network of flights throughout Southeast Asia and inside Thailand, connecting Bangkok with some of the country's most picturesque towns. - With the airline, you have access to various Thai cities that you wouldn't otherwise have. - There is only one class offered by the low-cost airline.
This promotes more affordable travel by lowering the cost of tickets. -
You can choose to purchase your meals while travelling and perhaps indulge in some duty-free shopping. Even better, you can order food based on your dietary requirements. – Even better,you may rent a tablet over the air that is pre-loaded with movies, music, shows, and games. - Fee seats with increased legroom can be purchased for a small premium.
Even priority boarding is available for an additional cost.
Destination And Hubs
Don Mueang International Airport serves as the airline's principal operating hub.
While numerous other airports, including as Hat Yai International Airport, Phuket International Airport, Krabi International Airport, and Chiang Mai International Airport, serve as secondary hubs.
Abu Dhabi, Adelaide, Alor Setar, Bacolod, Balikpapan, Banda Aceh, Bandar Seri Begawan, Bandung, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, and Batam are some of the places you can travel.
Check-In And Boarding Pass
Web check-in for Thai AirAsia
Due to the ongoing pandemic, you must complete your Thai AirAsia web check-in before going to the airport for your journey. Go to the web check-in portion of the airline's home page to complete your web check-in. To use web check-in, you must first download the AirAsia Super app.
You must choose check-in when the AirAsia Super app is active. Enter your name and booking number to continue. Keep the relevant paperwork, identification, and your PNR number close at hand. Onboard Thai AirAsia, web check-in is only available in this manner. The seating arrangement and available seats will be displayed to you.
Choose your favourites and enter the information for any other passengers you desire to check in, including yourself. Save the summary in your inbox or print it off for future use once the seats have been assigned to you. Self check-in begins 14 days prior to travel and ends 4 hours before to the planned departure of the flight.
Baggage and Refund Policies
Thai AirAsia's luggage policy
The amount of luggage you are allowed to bring on a Thai AirAsia flight is determined by how much you have brought. For domestic flights, the check-in luggage allowance starts at 15 kg, while for international flights, it is 20 kg. 40 kilogrammes is the maximum weight for both domestic and international shipping.
Those who have checked luggage must give it to the ground employees at the airport's check-in counters. The cabin baggage allowance is one piece of checked luggage plus one additional laptop bag,
Airasia's refund policy
Except for meals, in-flight goods and services are refundable but non-transferable once purchased. Nevertheless, a full refund would be given in this situation if AirAsia India cancels the flight. ompact bag, or handbag that weighs no more than 7 kilogrammes.