About Southwest Airlines
Southwest Airlines Co. is commonly known as Southwest. It is the largest airline in America and is the most popular low-cost carrier.
Herb Kelleher, Rollin King, and the airline were founded on March 15, 1967, as Air Southwest Co. The airline changed its name to Southwest Airlines Co. in 1971 when it became an intrastate carrier wholly within Texas. In 1979, it started interstate service between Dallas, Houston and San Antonio. Over the next decades, the airline expanded nationwide.
Southwest currently has 45 airports and many Central American destinations. Southwest Flight's business model differs from those of other US airlines in that it uses a rolling hub, a point-to-point network and offers free checked baggage. It only uses Boeing 737 aircraft in its fleet.Nearly 60,000 people work for the airline. During peak travel season, they operate approximately 4,000 departures per day.The airline'ss current slogan is "Low fares. Nothing to hide.
Southwest Airlines Reservation
Booking Southwest Airlines, Our team is available 24 hours a day to assist you. Southwest Flight can be booked online 24/7. For any further information, customers may contact the reception desk. Customers can get special discounts and offers to attract new customers.
Southwest Air Airline Classes
Each flight has four classes:
- Premium economy.
These are the names of Southwest's three fare categories "Business Select," "Anytime", and "Wanna Get Away". Southwest offers two checked bags free with all fares. No change fees or fees. Cancellations made at least ten min before departure are also accepted. Southwest Flight offers the lowest fare class, Wanna Get Away.
How to Book Southwest Flight from the website
- Visit southwest airline website : www.southwest.com/air/booking/
- Select the type of trip (one way/round trip/multi-city)
- Enter the name of the airport you want to travel from (In From) and enter the name of your destination airport (In and To)
- Select the date of your departure and your return date
- Enter the number of travelers and their age
- Choose a class (Economy/ Premium Economy/Business/First)
Southwest Airlines Facilities
Each airline is unique.
- United One: These premium business classes are for long transcontinental and global flights. These seats are flat-seat and have aisle access from all of them.
- Southwest Comfort: This seat provides large overhead space. Your journey will include priority boarding, complimentary beer or wine and up to 250 miles. Many flights come with a headset.
- Premium select: This cabin has more legroom and an adjustable knee rest. This cabin also features a wider, more comfortable seat, a recliner, and extra legroom. Southwest Flight is one of the most WiFi-equipped flights. Customers can bring their laptops, smartphones and tablets to the airport. A magazine is available at each seat so that passengers can keep abreast of news around the world.
Southwest Airlines Popular Destinations and Hubs
Southwest Flight currently operates eight Customer Support and Services Centers: Albuquerque, Atlanta, Chicago, Houston, Oklahoma City, Phoenix, and San Antonio and our Source of Support (SOS) Center is based in Dallas.
Southwest Airlines Check-in and Boarding Pass
Southwest Airlines Web Check-in and boarding pass allows its passengers to web check-in 24 hours before their departure. You can print your boarding pass and e-ticket using the process described by Southwest Airlines. Identify your flight timing by your ticket and confirmation number. This is one of the easiest methods of getting your boarding pass and offers a smooth check-in.
However, there are other ways too through which you can check in to Southwest Airlines:
- Web check-in
- Mobile check-in
- Southwest Airlines counter check-in at the airport
- Call Southwest Airlines customer care check-in at +1 (800) 435-9792.
Southwest Airline Policy
Baggage Policy and Fees
Find the complete guide on Southwest Airlines baggage policy and allowance.
- Carry-on baggage allowance
- Carry-on rules
In Southwest Airlines, you are allowed one carry-on bag and one personal thing onboard which is free of cost. Make sure that the hand luggage fits right into the overhead bin for suitability.
Dogs, cats, and any household pets are allowed on board for $125 one way to/from most destinations. Birds are only allowed on domestic US flights. The fee for pet allowance is $200 if you are traveling outside the United States.
Refund and Cancellation Policy
The cancellation policy at Southwest Airlines provides a seamless procedure to its passengers. You can dial for a direct refund at +1 (800) 435-9792 or visit our southwest airline website : www.Southwest.com which helps you to manage your booking southwest airlines. After this, you will have the option to refund or cancel.