About La Costena
Aerotaxis La Costeña S.A. (La Costena) is an airline based in Managua, Nicaragua (the Republic of Nicaragua), the largest country in the Central American isthmus. The company was founded in 1999 by Regional Airlines Holding LLC.
La Costena operates passenger services from it’s hub at Augusto C. Sandino International Airport, Managua, to the following domestic destinations within the country: Tegucigalpa, Bluefields, Bonanza, Corn Islands, Emerald Coast, Managua, Puerto Cabezas, Siuna, and Waspam. As well as its Managua hub, La Costena also has a secondary hub at Bluefields Airport, which serves the harbour city of Bluefields, Nicaragua.
La Costena is a domestic carrier, connecting Managua, the capital of Nicaragua, with other major cities and cultural hubs within the country. As of April 2021, the airline flies to the following domestic destinations: Tegucigalpa, Bluefields, Bonanza, Corn Islands, Emerald Coast, Managua, Puerto Cabezas, Siuna, and Waspam.
Augusto C. Sandino International Airport
Augusto C. Sandino International Airport (MGA) is the primary international airport serving Managua, the capital of Nicaragua. It is currently the fifth busiest airport by passenger traffic in Central America, with direct scheduled services to destinations in the United States, Canada, Mexico, Central America and South America. Augusto C. Sandino International Airport serves as a focus city for Conviasa. International airlines to fly to the airport include United Airlines, Spirit Airlines, Copa Airlines, American Airlines, Aeroméxico Connect, Avianca Guatemala, Avianca El Salvador, and Avianca Costa Rica.
All passengers are entitled to one piece of checked baggage, which must not exceed 15.88 kgs in weight. The total linear dimensions of the checked bag must not exceed 115cm.
As well as the checked baggage allowance, passengers can also take personal processions that they might need during the flight into the cabin with them. The list of approved personal items include: a small handbag or purse, a walking stick, a small camera, binoculars, an overcoat or wrap, infants food, a reasonable amount of reading material, an umbrella, and an i-pad or small laptop.
Online check-in is not available and check-in will need to be completed at the airport.
Passengers are advised to arrive as early as possible at their departing airport, at least 2 hours prior to scheduled departure.
Cancellation & Refunds
- In case of loss or damage to the passenger's checked baggage, La Costena’ s liability will be limited to what is stipulated in the Law 595, General Law of Civil Aeronautic of Nicaragua.
- La Costeña does not assume any liability for normal wear and tear of luggage nor for overweight pieces. La Costeña does not assume any responsibility or liability for lost or damaged items carried by the passenger in his/her luggage such as rings, chains, watches, cameras, computers, bottles, cash or other valuables or fragile articles.
- In case of accidental death or injury, La Costeña will be responsible according to what is stipulated in the Law 595, General Law of Civil Aeronautic of Nicaragua.
- In case of loss or theft of a printed ticket, no refund will be made. The passenger must buy a new ticket for travel.
- Tickets are not refundable, except in the following circumstances: a. Contagious diseases (medical certification must be presented), b. hospitalizations (hospital certification must be presented), c. Claims for the families of the deceased passenger (first degree of consanguinity). For the refund of these exceptions the following administrative fees will be applied 45%, this will be made via wire transfer, accompanied with the eâmail of the Implicated person.
- La Costeña does not assume any responsibility/liability for lost connecting flights from another airline or from any other means of transportation of the passenger.