what is United Airlines Transfer Miles
United Airlines Transfer Miles
Category : Airlines / Posted on: January 27, 2023 / Author: Admin
United Airlines Transfer Miles
Transfer United Airline Miles
It is easy to transfer United Airlines miles from one person to another, but there are some catches. Transfer fees can be quite expensive and miles cannot be transferred to another MileagePlus member. To avoid transfer fees, you can use your MileagePlus miles to book a flight to the recipient. You can transfer miles to partner programs by signing up for a program that has a high conversion ratio. You can convert partnered miles and points to get great deals on vacation packages, and even earn additional rewards.
1.Transferring miles to another person
Head to the "Buy or Transfer Miles" page and select "Transfer Miles.
" Begin your transaction by visiting https://buymiles.mileageplus.com. Click "Transfer Miles" in the top menu bar.
2.Log in to your MileagePlus Account
You will be prompted to log in by clicking on the "Transfer Miles” option. You will need a MileagePlus Membership to transfer frequent flyer miles to United.
- Annual membership fees range from $450 to $550 as of February 2018. A $50 one-time fee is required for initiation.
- You can also transfer miles only to MileagePlus members.
3.Complete the transfer miles form.
Log in to load the form. Enter your name, MileagePlus number and email address. Enter the desired number of miles, and then the name and MileagePlus numbers of the person who will be receiving them.
4.Pay transfer fees.
Transfers are $7.50 for 500 miles. A $30 processing fee is also required. You will be asked to pay the fees with a debit or credit card after you click "Submit Transaction".
5.You should allow up to one business day for the transaction to be completed.
Transfers usually occur immediately. You should see the miles in your recipient's account within minutes of making the transfer. It may take up to one business day for the transaction process to complete. Contact the MileagePlus Service Center at 1-800-421-4655 if you have any questions about your transfer. Representatives are available seven days a week between 7 AM and 12 AM (CST)
- Book a Flight for Someone else
You can book a flight using your MileagePlus points to avoid transfer fees.
You don't have to pay any additional fees for using United miles to book a flight on behalf of someone else.
2.Log in to your MileagePlus Account
Go to United's website. https://www.united.com . Look to the left for the yellow box that says "MileagePlus Sign in or Join". Enter your MileagePlus number, password and click the box.
- Register before you search for flights to receive additional offers for members.
"Search for Award Travel" to search for flights.
4.On the booking form, enter the name and birth date of the person.
After choosing flights, you will be asked to enter your booking information. Instead of entering your personal information, you must enter the full legal name and birth date of the recipient. If you book the flight under your name, it is not possible to transfer it to another person.
- You must provide the correct name and birth date for the recipient. You don't have to enter any passport or license numbers.
- You must enter the name and birth date of a minor when booking a flight. You will need to pay $150 for unaccompanied minors if they are between 5-14 years old and fly unaccompanied. It is also necessary to give the full legal name, address, and phone number of the adults who will be dropping them off or picking them up at the airports.
5.Send the itinerary to the recipient and book the flight.
Once you have entered their information, click on "Continue" to go to the payment page. After confirming that you are redeeming miles, book the flight and send the recipient the itinerary.
- You can email the itinerary, or take a screen and email it to them.
- Convert Miles to Rewards points
Register for a United Airlines Partner Rewards Program.
United partners can be associated with many businesses such as Marriott, Hyatt and IHG. You can also earn extra miles by staying in a partner hotel.
- Hertz is also a partner. You can earn 75 United Miles per rental day if you are a Hertz Gold Plus Rewards member. When you pick up or reserve your car, please provide your MileagePlus number.
- United and Marriott share the Rewards Plus linked membership program. Convert miles into Marriott Reward Points at a 1:1 ratio The transfer amount will determine the points to miles ratio. You can convert 8,000 points into 2,000 miles, 16,000 to 5,000 miles and 24,000 to 10,000 miles.
- United's MileagePlus website has a complete list of conversion ratios.
2.Transfer funds through your partner account.
Log into your United Rewards program account to transfer points and miles. You can't convert miles and points through the MileagePlus website. Logging in will bring up links that allow you to convert and transfer points or miles.
- You would sign up or log in to your Marriott or United Rewards Plus accounts. You'll need to enter your membership numbers when you sign up for Rewards Plus. This membership links both your accounts.
- You'll find links to convert miles to miles and transfer points to points after logging in. Click on the link you prefer, then enter the amount that you wish to transfer and click on submit.
- Log into your account to find a link to convert miles and points for other partner programs like Hyatt. If you did not select United when creating your account, enter your MileagePlus number and how many points to convert.
3.To take advantage of bonus offers, transfer miles and points
If you are just a little short of an award, transfers can be convenient. You may be eligible for bonuses when you make transfers or purchase vacation packages.
- Consider, for example, that you have 175,000 Marriott points. A 7-day package with hotel accommodations and 50,000 miles for airfare will cost you 200,000 points. Transfer 25,000 United Miles to your Rewards Plus account at a 1:1 ratio. You can then book your vacation package by transferring the points immediately.
- You'll earn 5,000 bonus points if you convert your miles to buy a partnered vacation package. This is 10 percent of the award mile value.
- For assistance with any transfer between United Miles and Marriott Points, please call Rewards Plus customer support at 1-801-468-4000, 24 hours a day, 7 days a sÄptÄmânÄ.
4.If you wish to transfer points, please refer to the policy of your partner program.
Each company has its own points transfer policy. Check with the partner program if you have converted miles into points and want to transfer points to another company.
- You can transfer up to 50,000 Marriott points per annum to another member for $10 each transaction.
- Hyatt members can free transfer their points to other members. Log in to your account and complete a request for points transfer.
- what is United Airline Baggage Policy
- what is United Airlines Tracking
- how is United Airlines Seating
- what is United Airlines Seat Map
- does United Airlines Refunds
- what is United Airlines Redeem Miles
- what is United Airlines Pet Cargo
- what is United Airlines MileagePlus Login
- what is United Airlines History
- what is United Airlines Flight Confirmation