What are United Airlines Basic Economy Carry on
United Airlines Basic Economy Carry on
Category : Airlines / Posted on: January 24, 2023 / Author: Admin
United Airlines Basic Economy Carry on
To avoid being required to check your luggage at the departure gate, it is a good idea to verify the airline's carry-on baggage policies before you fly. Although United Airlines' carry-on policy isn't significantly different from other airlines', it does contain rules that you need to be aware of. These include the airlines under seat dimensions and prohibited items. You can also bring United Express baggage onto United Express planes. We'll be covering the United Airlines carry-on sizes and how you can make the most of them to maximize your trip.
You can still carry-on weight and size restrictions
You can bring only one carry-on item and one personal item under United carry-on rules. This includes a purse, camera bag, or laptop case. This rule is not applicable to flights that are United Express or Basic Economy.
United Airlines Size Restrictions
The carry-on luggage on United Airlines flights must not exceed 9 inches X 14 inches X 22 inches (22 cm) X 35 cm (12.56 cm). These dimensions do not include luggage handles and wheels. You will need to check your luggage at the departure gate if it does not comply with United carry-on regulations.
Although United has a limited carry-on luggage allowance, it does not allow for maximum weight. It doesn't matter how heavy your carry-on bags are, as long as they can be fit into your carry-on bag. You must store your carry-on bag in the overhead compartment of the cabin.
United Express Carry-On Rules
Regional airlines partner with United to operate United Express flights. They typically use smaller aircraft that have less overhead space than United's regular aircraft. Express aircraft often have larger carry-on and rollable bags that cannot fit into the overhead bins. You will need to check your bag at the gate and United will return it just outside your destination. If your luggage needs to be checked, make sure you remove all vaping equipment and e-cigarettes.
Restrictions on the United Basic Economy
If you have Basic Economy tickets, you can only bring one item to your flight and no bag.
- You are travelling on trans-Atlantic flights between the US, Mexico and Central America, El Salvador, Panama or South America.
- You're on a trans-Pacific flight from or to the USA.
- You are a MileagePlus (r. Premier) member or companion who is traveling on the same reservation.
- You are the primary member of a qualifying MileagePlus card or Star Alliance Gold card.
What can I bring on board a United Airlines flight?
United Airlines allows passengers the ability to bring liquids, gels and aerosols on board their planes as long as they comply with TSA's liquids rules. All liquids, aerosols and gels must be limited to 100 millilitres (3.4 ounces) and can only fit in one clear, sealed quart-size bag. Shampoo, conditioner, toothpaste and mouthwash are all subject to this restriction.
You can bring the following items on board United Airlines flights:
- Jacket or coat
- After clearing security, you can purchase food and drinks at the airport.
- Magazines, books, cameras and souvenirs purchased at the airport.
- Diaper bags
- Breast milk pumps
- FAA-approved safety seat or child restraint system
- Assistive devices like canes crutches and collapsible chairs
- Prescription medication can be prescribed using medical devices
- Portable oxygen concentrators
- Pet carriers (service fees will apply)
- Vaping pens (which can't be charged during flight) and e-cigarettes
- Remove lithium batteries from their devices and insulate them to protect against crushing or puncturing
- Avalanche packs with Lithium batteries below 100WH
- If the item is not hazardous (such as biohazards), liquid nitrogen can be stored in vented bags
- Battery-powered air purifying respirators that have been removed and stored before being transported
If the instrument is in a hard case, and there is space under the seat or in the overhead compartment, you can take small musical instruments like guitars and violins with you.
United Airlines Prohibited Items
United Airlines' carry-on policy prohibits any item that is restricted by TSA. Before you fly, we recommend that you check your items with the TSA's What can I bring webpage. The following are prohibited items that you can carry on United Airlines:
- All matches and lighters (if you are leaving Beijing)
- Smart bags with removable lithium batteries
- Powder-based substances over 12 fluid ounces (350 millilitres). Medically prescribed powders, baby formula and human remains are exempted from duty. However, such items must be kept in tamper-evident bags.
- Bags for self-balancing and self-riding
- Any type of fuel can be used to power camping equipment
- Self-defence sprays (mace and pepper sprays, teargas)
- Torch lighters
- Explosives include fireworks, gunpowder and flares.
- Ready-to-eat meals with flameless heaters
- Shock absorbers
- Knives, guns or any other weaponry
- Sporting equipment that could be used to make a weapon
- Avalanche packs with 1.4s or CO2
- Recalled, damaged, or defective batteries
Several household items that are not considered essentials can also be included on the United Airlines Prohibited Items List. These items cannot be checked in or carried with you.
- Spray paint, cleaners for the home and pesticides are aerosolized
- Drain cleaners
- Gel fuel
- Matches (the strike anywhere kind)
- Torch lighters
- Spray starch
The potential for injury to passengers and crew members in recreational self-propelled vehicles or devices that can transport people and goods are prohibited. These devices include:
- Air boards
- Wheeled self-balancing devices
- Bicycles powered by batteries
- Vehicles on wheels
- Electric scooters
- Motorized or riding suitcases
These are United Airlines' carry-on rules. Keep in mind that carry-on policies can change at any time. You can check with United to make sure your carryon luggage or packed items meets the airline's current requirements.
United Airlines Carry-on Baggage Allowance
Are you planning to book your United Airlines flight tickets? You should be aware of the United Airlines Carry-on Baggage Rules. United Airlines allows customers to bring one carry on and one personal item free of charge. Your personal item and carry-on must fit within the overhead bin. A carry-on bag's maximum dimensions are 9 inches x 14 inches x 22 inches, with handles and wheels. Personal items should not exceed 9 inches by 10 inches by 17 inches. They must be placed underneath your seat.
Customers are allowed to bring personal items and one carry-on baggage. They can also bring a camera, a breast-pump, a pet carrier (service fees apply for in-cabin pets), reading material, an umbrella, and any FAA-approved safety seat or child restraint system.
There are exceptions to this rule for carry-on bags. Customers travelling on a Basic Economy ticket can only bring one personal item. Carry-on bags are not allowed. After paying the $25 gate handling fee and the applicable check bag fee, a carry-on bag must be checked in at the gate.
United Airlines rules regarding overweight, extra and oversized bags
Large bags: United Airlines will not accept bags that are more than 115 inches in length, width and height. Customers who have checked bags that exceed 62 inches in length will be charged an additional fee depending on where they are going.
Overweight bags: United Airlines will not accept overweight bags weighing more than 100 pounds (45 kg). However, musical instruments and assistive devices are allowed. Customers are permitted to transport musical instruments up to 165 lbs (75 kg) and all assistive devices.
Customers travelling with checked bags up to 70 lbs (32 kg) in the United Economy may be subject to a $100 per bag charge, depending on their destination. Checked bags that weigh more than 70 pounds (32 kg) or less than 100 pounds, (45 kg), will be charged $200 per bag depending on where they are going. Checked bags over 100 pounds (45 kgs) will not be accepted by the airline.
Additional bags: United Airlines accepts extra bags as long as there is enough space. Assistance devices can be carried free of charge by the airline.
If you have questions about baggage fees and baggage policy, or if you have any other flight-related queries, you can contact one of our booking agents via our Airlines Bookings Number. We are always available to assist you promptly if needed.
United Airlines Office Addresses
- What is United Airline Baggage Policy
- What is United Airlines Tracking
- How is United Airlines Seating
- What is United Airlines Seat Map
- Does United Airlines Refunds
- What is United Airlines Redeem Miles
- What is United Airlines Pet Cargo
- What is United Airlines Mileage Plus Login
- What is United Airlines History
- What is United Airlines Flight Confirmation