American Airlines Dining
Basics of the AAdvantage Dining Programme
Category : Airlines / Posted on: December 26, 2022 / Author: Admin
American Airlines Dining
Signing up for American Airlines Dining Program is a great way to increase your AA miles balance if you eat out often. Registering for AAdvantage dining is easy and quick. Members can easily earn bonus miles to eat at their favourite restaurants without spending extra.
There are many ways to earn AA miles. My favourite method is passive streams of inflowing mileage that can be quickly set up and forgotten. Even though the mileage amounts are not as generous as a bonus for signing up for a credit card, they can add up to a free flight every year.
This article will walk you through the details of the AAdvantage dining program. This post will show you how to use a dining program. We will also illustrate some of the lucrative bonus offers and give some tips on how to make your miles go further.
Basics of the AAdvantage Dining Programme
If you are familiar with online shopping portals then AA dining rewards should look familiar.
In short, every airline that offers a dining program has a network of partners with restaurants throughout the country. When you dine at one these restaurants, you pay a small commission to an airline. In return, you receive bonus miles and a small commission from the frequent-flyer program of the airline.
To learn more about dining programs , and to see which frequent flyer or hotel program offer dining rewards, please visit our beginner’s guide to dining programmes .
Sign up for the AA Dining Rewards
Dining programs are free to join. Signing up is quick and easy.
To sign in to the AAdvantage dining program, you will need to enter some basic information such as your name and American frequent flyer number. You will need to sign up for the AAdvantage dining login ( Sign in here). This login is separate from your American Airlines login.
Next, you will be asked to connect a credit card. You might think, "I thought this was !?". free." Never worry, AAdvantage Dining will never charge you. This is only necessary so that AA can track your dining experience at partner restaurants. You will receive bonus miles depending on the amount you spend, tax included, when you make a purchase.
You will be rewarded by AA Dining for the restaurant you visit. Your membership level determines how many bonus points you earn.
- Basic members You will earn 1 AAdvantage Mile for every $1 you spend if you choose not to receive email communications from AAdvantage Dining.
- Select members -- Earn three AAdvantage Miles for every $1 you spend if your choice to receive email communications from AAdvantage Dining.
- VIP members Earn five AAdvantage Miles for every $1 you spend if you opt to receive email communications from AAdvantage Dining and have completed 11 qualifying transactions within the calendar year. Members earn VIP status after they have completed 12 eligible transactions.
Sign up for the AA Dining Program to receive a sign-up bonus
You may receive bonus miles from time to time by joining American Airlines dining or making your first purchase within a specified time period. These bonuses can change frequently, so members might receive different bonuses.
New members can get 1,000 bonus miles from AAdvantage if they spend $25 at a partner restaurant within 30 days of signing up for AA Dining Rewards. This is a great return on your investment if you plan to eat out at most once per month.
How to find AAdvantage dining near you
Once you have joined the program, it is time to find out which restaurants are eligible for bonus miles. Click the "Explore" button at the top to go to a Google Maps-powered search page. Although the exact link may change, you can still find it by searching "AAdvantage dining nearby me"
You can search by your current location, general area, address or restaurant name. You can filter your search results by price range, type of restaurant, or daily bonus availability. Zoom in to see the locations of the partnered restaurants. Selecting them will reveal the name.
Clicking on a restaurant will take you to a dedicated page with reviews, bonus terms and other helpful information.
Once you have found a restaurant that is AA-certified, you can now use your credit card to purchase your meal. That's it! Your bonus miles (between 1 and 5 miles per dollar depending on your membership level), will be later deposited into your AAdvantage Account.
American Airlines Pro-Tips
Earning AA Dining Rewards is easy. To avoid confusion and missing out on bonus opportunities, here are some things you should keep in mind.
- You won't receive bonus miles from multiple dining programs for the same meal. Most restaurants only pay one commission per transaction. If you have the same card linked with multiple programs, you will receive a bonus mileage from the one that you added most recently.
- You shouldn't assume that all restaurants in a chain will participate. Most of the partners are local businesses, with some chain restaurants in between. However, just because one Pizza Hut is participating in the program does not mean that all of them do. Double-check everything before you make a purchase if it is important to you.
- Be aware of the limitations of each restaurant. Hugo’s, which is the restaurant I used, offers bonuses for one visit each month. You might end up planning weekly dinners at Hugo’s if you don't do your research.
- It is best to use any dining program by setting it up with all of your credit cards and then forgetting about it. Most restaurants won't offer a bonus that is significant enough to influence your choice. It's better to just eat out as you like and earn the bonus miles naturally.
Maximize your AA Dining Purchase
American Airlines Dining Bonus Miles are available in addition to any other credit card rewards. It is crucial to choose the right card for your restaurant purchase to maximize your earnings.
American Airlines Credit Cards
You may be interested in maximising your AAdvantage earnings by using an AA cobranded card to make your meals. Citi(r/AAdvantage(r), Platinum Select(r), World Elite Mastercard(r), is a great option. It earns 2X bonus miles for every dollar spent at restaurants.
Other options for AA credit cards include:
- Citi(r), / AAdvantage (r) Executive World Elite Mastercard (r) -- After spending $5,000 on purchases within the first three months of account opening, earn 50,000 American Airlines(r), bonus miles
- AAdvantage(r), Aviator(r), Red World Elite Mastercard (r) -- After making your first purchase within the first 90-days and paying the $99 annual fees, you will earn 60,000 AAdvantage bonus points.
- American Airlines Mile Up(sum), Card - Earn 10,000 American Airlines Bonus Miles and Receive a $50 Statement Credit after you have made $500 within the first three months of your account opening
Marriott Credit Cards
A Marriott Bonvoy cobranded credit card could also be used to pay for your dinner. While there is no way to transfer major bank currencies to AA, you can convert Marriott Bonvoy points to AAdvantage Miles at a ratio 1:1, with a 5,000-mile bonus per 60,000 points transferred. The following are some of the most popular Marriott Bonvoy cards:
- Marriott Bonvoy Bold (r. Credit card -- Get 30,000 Bonus Points for spending $1,000 within the first three months of account opening with Marriott Bonvoy Bold (r. Credit card).
- Marriott Bonvoy Boundless -- Get 3 Free Night Awards (each night worth up to 50,000 points) for opening an account with the Marriott Bonvoy Boundless (r. Credit card).
- Marriott Bonvoy Brilliant(r), American Express(r), Card-- 150,000 Marriott Bonvoy(r), bonus points when you use your Card to make $5,000 in purchases within the first three months.
Bank Rewards Cards
A card that is optimized for dining purchases will be a great option if you want to maximize your earnings. There are many great options available, but these are our top picks.
- American Express (r), Gold card -- 5X Membership Rewards points for dining at restaurants
- Chase Sapphire Reserve HTML3X Ultimate Rewards points for dining at restaurants
- Citi Prestige r) - 5X Thank You Rewards Points on Dining
Dining programs won't make up a significant portion of your mileage earnings unless you spend a lot of money at restaurants each month. With increasingly common award redemption options, every mile counts. It's amazing how fast they add up!
A well-rounded points strategy includes maximizing all opportunities to earn mileage, such as shopping portals or dining programs. The Advantage Dining Program is an excellent tool to increase your AA miles while also being free and easy to use.
- what is United Airline Baggage Policy
- what is United Airlines Tracking
- how is United Airlines Seating
- what is United Airlines Seat Map
- does United Airlines Refunds
- what is United Airlines Redeem Miles
- what is United Airlines Pet Cargo
- what is United Airlines MileagePlus Login
- what is United Airlines History
- what is United Airlines Flight Confirmation